In no time, South Sudan has become a PhotoTravel classic in its own right. Its rich and fascinating culture, together with its photographic possibilities and the excellent reception of its people, has captivated us.
We have created an infrastructure in the country that allows us to deploy the complex logistics required to plan a trip of these characteristics in the area.
Our PhotoTravel Headquarters in South Sudan has worked with the most prestigious world photographers, making us one of the few agencies that offer this exciting trip.
In this edition, PhotoTravel offers you an unrepeatable expedition to the heart of South Sudan, a country that is home to a unique ethnographic diversity. A tour in which we will visit some of the most impressive ethnic groups in the world.
We will fly from Juba to Kapoeta, the territory of the Toposa and Jie; we will live together with the Larim in the Boya Mountains. And this year, as a PhotoTravel novelty, we will include the first visit to the Lopit. We will continue the tour in a unique and hard-to-forget place for photography lovers, the Mundari Cattle Camp, on the banks of the Nile.
If you like adventure, this is the trip you were looking for: an incomparable cultural tour with colossal photographic possibilities.
In PhotoTravel don’t dream it … live it.
Why choose PhotoTravel?
- We are the only specialized photography agency with experience in South Sudan.
- Many years of experience. We have designed the best photography trip to meet your expectations.
- We offer a complete Photo Tour in the market, where we visit Toposa, Jie, Lopit, Larim and Mundari.
- On this trip, we continue to innovate, including as a novelty the visit to the Lopit.
- We have PhotoTravel South Sudan Headquarters, which guarantees a plus of quality and safety.
- Guided tour from Europe by the professional PhotoTravel team.
Price based on a group of a minimum of 10 participants, (we usually reach it)
Single Room supplement € 450
- If the group is between 8 and 9 people, it has a supplement of € 200
- If the group is between 6 and 7 people, it has a supplement of € 250.
- Technical and photographic advice
- Local guide with high photographic experience.
- Mandatory insurance
- All transfers
- Assistance in customs and other local procedures
- Travel and photography permits
- Advice on the visa process to South Sudan
- Four wheels car and fuel
- Hotel accommodation
- Premium quality camps
- Meal Plan/Regime according to above itinerary.
- Juba Hotel in bed & breakfast regime
- Camping (full board) including unlimited water.
- Local taxes
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International flight, price is approx. € 800
- Domestic flight Juba-Kapoeta, price is approx. 200 €
- PCRs, if necessary.
- Visa costs
- Tips & Local payments for photography (direct negotiation with the guide)
- Everything that is not mentioned as included
How do I formalize my reservation?
- Fill in and send the form attached in the mail.
- Make the RESERVATION Payment of € 1,000, to guarantee the place.
- Make Second Payment € 1,450, before September 1, 2021.
- Make the payment for the international and national flight.
PhotoTravel manages the purchase of the international and internal flight; the purchase is made around October / November 2021.
- 5º Payment on arrival of € 500 + supplements.
If we have any extra supplement per group or individual room.
CURRENT ACCOUNT ES25 0182 1270 9302 0163 5513 (PhotoTravel)
Send a copy of the wire transfer to: email@example.com
CONCEPT: GR03 SUD + full name
Payment by Credit Card is possible
SPECIAL CANCELLATION CONDITIONS
Given the complexity of a destination like South Sudan, we are forced to have specific cancellation conditions.
- Up to 180 days from departure 50% in ground services and expenses incurred in air tickets, those indicated by the company.
- From 180 days before the start of the trip 100% in ground services and expenses incurred in air tickets, those indicated by the company.
Our agency will negotiate with the providers each case to try to mitigate the amounts of each cancellation without guaranteeing the results, therefore we recommend contracting a Cancellation Insurance.
We have INSURANCE WITH CANCELLATION with different policies available to our clients, which we recommend for this trip.
HEALTH AND VACCINATION
You must visit the INTERNATIONAL VACCINATION CENTER in your country/area.
You must book it at least three months in advance
YELLOW FEVER and VACCINATION CARD is MANDATORY, you must carry the yellow card during the entire trip along with your passport and visa.
South Sudan, like many of the African countries, has a risk of malaria, a prophylaxis such as Malarone is recommended.
- This is a Photographic Trip not a Photography Course. Our goal is to find the best locations where a professional PhotoTravel photographer will always be at your disposal, both technically and advice, wise who will accompany you throughout the tour.
- The entire itinerary is subject to changes or variations due to weather, security concerns or delays in public transport services. Not making us responsible for the economic expenses that this may entail.
BreakfastDeparture TaxesEntry FeesPersonal Guide
5 Star AccommodationAirport Transfers
February 2nd, 2022. Flight to Juba
February 3rd, 2022. Juba
February 4th, 2022. Juba - Terekeka. Visiting the Mundari
February 5th, 2022. Living with the Mundari
February 6th, 2022. Farewell to the Mundari - Juba
February 7th, 2022. Juba - Kapoeta - Mogos. Visit the Toposa
February 8th, 2022. Mogos. Visit the Toposa
February 9th, 2022. Toposa - Lopet. Visit the Jie
February 10th, 2022. Lopet. Living with the Jie
February 11th, 2022. Lopet. Say goodbye to the Jie - Kimatong. Visit the Larim
February 12th, 2022. Kimatong. Living with the Larim
February 13th, 2022. Kimatong. Farewell to the Larim - Mehejek. Visit the Lopit
February 14th. from 2022. Mehejek. Farewell to the Lopit - Juba
February 15th, 2022. Return to the city of Origin
What electrical plugs / outlets are we going to find?UK type. A UK Travel plug adapter is necessary.
Where can I charge my equipment?In the camp we will have a generator, and also low voltage chargers in the cars. We recommend carry a powerbank.
Can I get a SIM card for my phone?Although the internet signal is very patchy in South Sudan, we can get a SIM card for around €25.
What can we give away to the locals?Razor blades are highly valued as are pocket mirrors, anyway we do not want to encourage these gifts; that is why in each community we deliver food and necessities for the community that is delivered to each family.
Where do we exchange money?Money exchange will be in Juba, the official currency is the South Sudanese pound.
How do I apply for the VISA?The Visa process is online one month before the departure of the trip, from PhotoTravel we will provide you with all the necessary information and documentation, the price is $ 120 (as per March 2021) From PhotoTravel we can arrange the e-visa for a €35 supplement.
What should we take with us?
- SOFT CASE / BAG (DUFFEL BAG TYPE) MAXIMUM 80L or 100L
- PASSPORT (VISA) + NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION CARD (If issued in your country of origin)
- YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION CARD
- PHOTOCOPY OF THE PASSPORT AND ID CARD (in paper and scanned in your mail)
- CREDIT CARD
- CASH MONEY +/- € 200
- FLIGHT LOCATOR NUMBER
- PRINTED AIRPLANE TICKETS
- INSURANCE DATA
- TECHNICAL MATERIALS
- CAMERA + LENSES // CHARGER + BATTERIES (Recommended at least two batteries)
- SMALL EXPEDITION BACKPACK (to carry camera, water, etc )
- SMARTPHONE + CHARGER
- CAMERA MEMORY CARDS
- PEN DRIVE + HARD DISK
- CHARGING CABLE
- LAPTOP + CHARGER (optional)
- UK TRAVEL PLUG ADAPTER
- CAMERA CLEANING KIT + a cloth always at hand
- NOTEBOOK + PEN
- ALARM CLOCK
- FLEECE (jacket)
- SHORT SLEEVE T-SHIRTS IN LIGHT COLORS
- LONG SUMMER TROUSERS
- SHORTS (TWO)
- COMFORTABLE SPORTS SHOES
- CROCS rubber shoes are the best!!
- TOOTHBRUSH + TOOTHPASTE
- SOAP // SHAMPOO
- 2 SMALL PACKAGES OF WET WIPES
- TOILET PAPER
- SMALL SUN CREAM / SUNSCREEN
- FIRST AID KIT (some pills not the whole package)
- 3-DAY ANTIBIOTIC (AZITROMYCIN)
- ANTISTAMINE for allergy sufferers
- ORAL SERUM
- STRIPS + BANDAIDS + STICKING PLASTER
- COMPEED for anti blister and chafing
- PAIR OF SCISSORS
- NAIL CLIPPER
- MOSQUITO REPELLENT
- ELECTRIC ANTIMOSQUITO KIT WITH RECHARGABLE PADS
- SUMMER SLEEPING BAG
- FLASHLIGHT OR HEADLIGHT